Beauty with broad strokes - Paintings by Adam S. Doyle



Artist Adam S. Doyle uses oil paint with broad strokes to create beautiful paintings, exploring themes from mythology, energy, discovery to introspection



His diverse work ranges from paintings, on exhibit in New York, Los Angeles and Europe to illustrating books, magazines and covers for Scholastic Books, Chronicle books and Abrams Books


Artist Statement - Adam S. Doyle

My work always begins with a love for the magic of creation. The blank surface about to be transformed into a living thing or another world. This act has been with mankind forever and yet never ceases to be awe-inspiring. I always want my marks to be visible, to keep this sense of wonder present.

Harnessing energy, raw and eloquent, I create images that invigorate our connection to our natural world, our humanity, and our shared story.

The content of this work, my Air series, focuses on birds, particularly those I’ve been most familiar with in the cities I’ve called home over the years. The songbirds who serenade outside and glide overhead. They’ve been a constant companion. They also capture a real sense of freedom. Truly symbolic, a bird flying through the air is achievement itself. These paintings are totems of aspiration.

Currently working on a new series in Hong Kong & plans to exhibit soon.